1 Arrive Victoria
Welcome to Canada! We'll meet you at the airport and take you to your hotel where a welcome dinner awaits this evening. Stay Two Nights: Delta Hotels Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort, in a Deluxe Water View Room (D)
2 Victoria, The Butchart Gardens
Enjoy your Signature Experience this morning. With some free time this afternoon, spend the rest of the day however you please. (B) Signature Experiences:
- Visit The Butchart Gardens before the general public is granted access, and enjoy an exclusive breakfast in the original Butchart residence.
3 Victoria, Georgia Strait, Whistler
Ride the ferry across Georgia Strait, then travel via Shannon Falls to Whistler. If you'd rather forgo the journey by land and ferry, take a floatplane flight instead (own expense). Stay Two Nights: The Westin Whistler Resort and Spa (B/D)
Today is spent with a Signature Experience at the Squamish Lil'wat Cultural Centre before a Freedom of Choice activity. (B) Freedom of Choice:
- This afternoon, maybe enjoy a floatplane flight, explore Whistler Mountain on a snowcat adventure, enjoy a mountain Jeep safari or ride the Peak 2 Peak Gondola. Adventurous ones may prefer a tree trek or a zip trek.
- The heritage of Canada's indigenous people comes to light at the Squamish Lil'wat Cultural Centre. Enjoy breakfast and explore the museum, discovering your First Nations ‘animal spirit' with the help of your guide.
5 Whistler, Sun Peaks
Travel through the Coast Mountains and stop at Duffey and Seton lakes. Stay: Sun Peaks Grand Hotel (B/D)
6 Sun Peaks, Blue River, Mt Robson, Jasper
Skim over the waterways of Blue River, watching along the shore for the grizzly and black bears. After lunch, you'll be brought to a pause at Mt Robson on your way to Jasper
. Stay Two Nights:
Jasper National Park, Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge
(B/L) Signature Experiences:
- Head for the Monashee Mountains, locally known as Grizzly Bear Valley, and set off on a Blue River Safari. A custom-designed boat, led by an expert guide, will take you over glacier-fed waterways for the chance to glimpse local bears.
Enjoy the freedom to choose how you spend your day and evening. (B/D) Freedom of Choice:
- See Jasper National Park on a Harley-Davidson motorcycle sidecar tour, set off on a Maligne Valley experience by hike or cruise, go rafting down the Athabasca River, or maybe ride the Jasper SkyTram - it's up to you.
- Choose one of your lodge's restaurants to dine at this evening.
8 Jasper, Athabasca Glacier, Lake Louise
Take in Maligne Canyon and travel along the Icefields Parkway to Athabasca Falls. Then stop at Columbia Icefield and journey onto Athabasca Glacier. Stay Two Nights:
Banff National Park, Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise
, in a Lakeview Room (B/D) Freedom of Choice:
- Keep going to Lake Louise and choose which restaurant to dine at.
9 Lake Louise, Moraine Lake
Pay a visit to the iconic Moraine Lake. (B) Signature Experiences:
- Later in the day, on the shores of Lake Louise, join an expert Mountain Heritage Guide and learn about the region's rich natural history.
10 Lake Louise, Banff
Be guided through Banff
, then meet a local Mountie. Tonight you get to choose which of your hotel's restaurants to dine at. Stay Two Nights:
Banff National Park, Fairmont Banff Springs
(B/D) Freedom of Choice:
- Tonight you get to choose which of your hotel's restaurants to dine at.
- This morning, meet a Mountie and listen to tales of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.
Set out on your chosen activity this morning. The remainder of the day is left free for you to explore however you please. (B) Freedom of Choice:
- Today you may like to take part in the Banff Experience which includes a visit to the Cave and Basin National Historic Site. Alternatively, board the Banff Gondola, or set off on a heli-flightseeing excursion. Perhaps enjoy a float trip along Bow River, or learn to be a Canadian ice hockey player. Otherwise, spend some time at the Willow Stream Spa.
12 Banff, Rocky Mountaineer, Kamloops
Board the Rocky Mountaineer and soak up the views from your bi-level glass-dome carriage, complete with GoldLeaf Service. Stay: Kamloops, hotel as assigned by Rocky Mountaineer (three-star accommodation) (B/L)
13 Kamloops, Rocky Mountaineer, Vancouver
The Rocky Mountaineer continues west today, bringing you to Vancouver. Stay Two Nights: Vancouver, Fairmont Waterfront Hotel (B/L)
After your Signature Experience, explore the streets and sites of Vancouver on a guided discovery. Celebrate tonight with a special dinner. (B/D) Signature Experiences:
- After an exclusive breakfast at Capilano Suspension Bridge Park's Cliff House Restaurant, you'll join an insightful nature exploration through the grounds and across the suspension bridges.
15 Vancouver, Embark Ship
Board your ship and set off for your journey along Alaska's iconic coastline. Stay Seven Nights: Holland America Line's Koningsdam or Volendam (B/D)
16 The Inside Passage
Ah, the sea! Spend a full day on board as your ship cruises the coast of British Columbia. (B/L/D)
Alaska's picturesque capital, Juneau, is set at the foot of the mountain peaks on the Gastineau Channel. Cruise past soaring cliffs and glaciers on your way there. (B/L/D)
Journey to Skagway, a gateway for the gold rush. Spend time exploring the town where frontier history still lives on. (B/L/D)
19 Glacier Bay National Park
You might need to pinch yourself this morning when you wake to the sight of Glacier Bay National Park. Later on, learn from local rangers who explain the geological wonders. (B/L/D)
Dock in Ketchikan today, set on the tranquil shores of the Tongass Narrows, and spend some time exploring as you please. (B/L/D)
21 The Inside Passage
Cruise south through the Inside Passage. (B/L/D)
22 Disembark Ship, Depart Vancouver
Sadly, your time in Canada and Alaska ends this morning as you say goodbye at the airport. (B)