1 Arrive Victoria
Be met on arrival and transferred to your hotel before tonight’s Welcome Dinner. Stay Two Nights: Delta Hotels Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort (D)
2 Victoria, The Butchart Gardens
Decide how to spend your afternoon with a number of Freedom of Choice activities on offer. (B) Freedom of Choice:
- Perhaps join a whale watching cruise; take a seaplane flight; learn about the city’s heritage district on a guided tour; fish for salmon; ride in a horse-drawn carriage; or delight in afternoon tea at the elegant Fairmont Empress.
- Visit The Butchart Gardens before the crowds this morning and enjoy breakfast in the original Butchart residence. You’ll enjoy plenty of time to explore the colourful gardens in serenity before the gates open to the general public.
3 Victoria, Georgia Strait, Whistler
Today ride the ferry across Georgia Strait, then travel via Shannon Falls to Whistler. Perhaps take a one-hour floatplane flight from Victoria to Whistler (own expense). Stay Two Nights: The Westin Whistler Resort and Spa (B/D)
This afternoon, select the Freedom of Choice activity that appeals to you. (B) Freedom of Choice:
- Take an eco-trek to Lost Lake or enjoy a floatplane flight for a new perspective on the region. Alternatively, explore Whistler Mountain on a snowcat adventure, enjoy a mountain Jeep safari or ride the Peak 2 Peak Gondola. Others may prefer a tree trek or a zip trek.
- The heritage of Canada’s indigenous people comes to light at the Squamish Lil’wat Cultural Centre. Enjoy breakfast and tour the museum, then discover your First Nations ‘animal spirit’ with the help of your guide.
5 Whistler, Sun Peaks
Travel through the rugged Cariboo region to the alpine village of Sun Peaks. Stay: Sun Peaks Grand Hotel (B/D)
6 Sun Peaks, Blue River, Mt Robson, Jasper
After lunch, stop to take in views of Mt Robson, the highest peak in the Canadian Rockies, on the way to Jasper. Stay Two Nights:
Jasper National Park, The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge
(B/L) Signature Experiences:
- On a Blue River Safari, a custom-designed boat will take you over glacier-fed waterways up close to the bears seen on the banks. Piloted by an expert guide, not only will you spot wildlife, you’ll see glaciers and pass right by waterfalls toppling from the snow-capped mountains nearby.
Today, our Freedom of Choice options offer a thrilling perspective on this rugged wilderness. (B/D) Freedom of Choice:
- See the park on a Harley-Davidson motorcycle sidecar tour; embark on a Maligne Valley experience; go rafting down the Athabasca River; ride the Jasper Tramway; join an interpretive nature hike; or enjoy an evening wildlife discovery.
- Tonight, a stylish alfresco dining experience awaits by the shores of Trefoil Lake. Absorb the rhythms of a group of First Nations performers while chefs prepare a gourmet barbecue dinner.
8 Jasper, Athabasca Glacier, Lake Louise
Travel along the Icefields Parkway then ride onto the Athabasca Glacier. Later, stroll along the Glacier Skywalk, before heading to the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise. Stay Two Nights: Banff National Park, The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise in a Lakeview Room (B)
9 Lake Louise, Moraine Lake
Today’s sightseeing excursions reveal the sheer beauty of Banff National Park. First, you’ll travel to Moraine Lake, located in the Valley of the Ten Peaks, and spend time marvelling at its glacially fed waters tinted a brilliant shade of blue. It’s the striking colour of the water and location - surrounded by snow-capped mountains - that makes it one of the most photographed sites in the Rockies. (B/D) Freedom of Choice:
- Dine at one of your hotel’s restaurants for dinner.
- On the sparkling shores of Lake Louise, join an expert Mountain Heritage Guide and learn about the rich natural history of the area.
10 Lake Louise, Banff
Take in a guided tour of the town. Board the Banff Gondola and ascend Sulphur Mountain, where you’ll be awestruck by the sweeping panoramic views out over six mountain ranges. Stay Two Nights:
Banff National Park, The Fairmont Banff Springs
(B/D) Freedom of Choice:
- Select one of the many exceptional restaurants located within your hotel from which to dine.
- Meet a Mountie and hear tales of the iconic Royal Canadian Mounted Police.
Set out on your chosen activity this morning. The remainder of the day is left free for you to explore at your own pace. (B) Freedom of Choice:
- You may like to take part in the Banff Experience - which includes a visit to the Cave and Basin National Historic Site. Alternatively, absorb bird’s-eye views of the park on a heli-flightseeing excursion. Perhaps enjoy a float trip along Bow River or learn to be a Canadian ice hockey player with an elite team. You might like to spend your morning relaxing at the Willow Stream Spa or set out on a cruise on Lake Minnewanka.
12 Banff, Rocky Mountaineer, Kamloops
Board the Rocky Mountaineer and relax in the comfort of GoldLeaf Service as you roll through the Rockies in a glass-dome carriage. Stay: Kamloops, hotel as assigned by Rocky Mountaineer (Kamloops has limited accommodation, two or three-star hotels) (B/L)
13 Kamloops, Rocky Mountaineer, Vancouver
Your spectacular rail journey continues west today as you make your way to Vancouver. Stay Two Nights: Vancouver, Fairmont Waterfront Hotel (B/L)
Explore Vancouver on a guided tour. As the land portion of your journey comes to an end, celebrate with a special dinner. (B/D)
15 Vancouver, Embark Ship
Board your ship for your Alaska Insde Passage Cruise. Stay Seven Nights:
Holland America Line’s MS Nieuw Amsterdam
or MS Volendam
in a Verandah Stateroom (B/D) Signature Experiences:
- To celebrate the beginning of your cruise, you’ll be treated to a delightful Sail Away Dinner at the renowned Pinnacle Grill.
16 Cruise the Inside Passage
Enjoy a full day at sea as your ship cruises through the idyllic Inside Passage. (B/L/D)
Cruise past soaring cliffs and glaciers on your way to Juneau, Alaska’s capital. (B/L/D)
Journey to Skagway, a gateway for the gold rush. Spend time exploring the town where frontier history still lives on. (B/L/D)
19 Glacier Bay National Park
Wake to the sight of Glacier Bay National Park and enjoy insightful commentary from local rangers who have come aboard. (B/L/D)
Dock in Ketchikan today, set on the tranquil shores of the Tongass Narrows. (B/L/D)
21 The Inside Passage
Continue cruising south through the picturesque Inside Passage. (B/L/D)
22 Disembark Ship, Depart Vancouver
Transfer to the airport this morning. (B)