1 Arrive Vancouver
Once you've landed, we'll take you to your hotel before tonight's welcome dinner. Stay Two Nights: Vancouver, Fairmont Waterfront Hotel (D)
Experience Vancouver's must-see sights on a guided discovery. (B) Signature Experiences:
- After an exclusive breakfast at Capilano Suspension Bridge Park's Cliff House Restaurant, you'll join an insightful nature exploration through the grounds and across the suspension bridges.
3 Vancouver, Rocky Mountaineer, Kamloops
Board the Rocky Mountaineer and soak up the views from your bi-level glass-dome carriage in GoldLeaf Service. Gaze up at the Coast Mountains and pass Hell's Gate. Follow the Thompson River on the way to Kamloops. Stay: Kamloops, hotel as assigned by Rocky Mountaineer (three-star accommodation) (B/L)
4 Kamloops, Rocky Mountaineer, Banff
Your rail journey heads towards the Rockies. See the engineering marvel of the Spiral Tunnels and traverse Kicking Horse Pass. Once in Banff National Park, head for the ‘Castle in the Rockies', Fairmont Banff Springs. Stay Two Nights: Banff National Park, Fairmont Banff Springs, in a Mountain View Room (B/L)
Spend today on your chosen activity. (B/D) Freedom of Choice:
- You may like to take part in the Banff Experience which includes a visit to the Cave and Basin National Historic Site. Alternatively, board the Banff Gondola, or set off on a heli-flightseeing excursion. Perhaps enjoy a float trip along Bow River, or learn to be a Canadian ice hockey player. Otherwise, spend some time at the Willow Stream Spa.
- This evening, dine at one of your hotel's restaurants.
6 Banff, Lake Louise
After a tour through the town, set out along the Trans-Canada Highway and through Banff National Park to Lake Louise. Stay Two Nights:
Banff National Park, Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise
, in a Lakeview Room. (B/D) Signature Experiences:
- This morning, meet a Mountie and listen to tales of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.
7 Moraine Lake, Lake Louise
First up this morning, you'll travel to Moraine Lake
, and spend time marvelling at the glacially fed waters. Look forward to a free evening. (B) Signature Experiences:
- On the shores of Lake Louise, join an expert Mountain Heritage Guide and learn about the area's rich natural history.
8 Lake Louise, Athabasca Glacier, Jasper
Join the Icefields Parkway
, one of the world's most scenic stretches of road. Pause at Peyto Lake, stop at Columbia Icefield and journey onto Athabasca Glacier. Continuing via Athabasca Falls, your day ends in Jasper. Stay Two Nights:
Jasper National Park, Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge
(B/D) Freedom of Choice:
- Choose where to dine at your lodge.
Freedom of Choice
experiences offer a new perspective today. (B) Freedom of Choice:
- See the park on a Harley-Davidson motorcycle sidecar tour, embark on a Maligne Valley experience by hike or cruise, go rafting down the Athabasca River, or ride the Jasper SkyTram.
10 Jasper, Mt Robson, Sun Peaks
Today, take in views of Mt Robson as you travel along the Yellowhead Highway. Stay: Sun Peaks Grand Hotel (B/D)
11 Sun Peaks, Whistler
Follow the tracks of early gold rush pioneers through the Cariboo region, stopping at Seton and Duffey lakes. Later, re-enter the Coast Mountains and learn why Whistler attracts so many outdoor enthusiasts. Stay Two Nights: The Westin Whistler Resort & Spa (B/D)
This afternoon, enjoy the chance to choose from a range of experiences. (B) Freedom of Choice:
- Enjoy a floatplane flight, explore Whistler Mountain on a snowcat adventure, enjoy a mountain Jeep safari or ride the Peak 2 Peak Gondola. Adventurous ones may prefer a tree trek or a zip trek.
- The heritage of Canada's indigenous people comes to light at the Squamish Lil'wat Cultural Centre. Enjoy breakfast and explore the museum, discovering your First Nations ‘animal spirit' with the help of your guide.
13 Whistler, Georgia Strait, Victoria
Travel south along the Sea-to-Sky Highway. Board your BC Ferries journey to Vancouver Island. Continue to Chemainus, a town famous for its vibrant outdoor murals, before arriving in Victoria. If you'd rather forgo the journey by land and ferry, take a floatplane flight instead (own expense). Stay Two Nights: Delta Hotels Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort, in a Deluxe Water View Room (B)
14 Victoria, The Butchart Gardens
Tonight, enjoy a special dinner with your fellow travellers. (B/D) Signature Experiences:
- Visit The Butchart Gardens before the general public is granted access, and enjoy an exclusive breakfast in the original Butchart residence. More than 100 years in the making with a former quarry as the initial canvas, Jennie Butchart transformed this space into a haven overflowing with lush greens and colourful blooms. The result of her vision is the gardens you will see today, which are still family-run to this day.
15 Victoria, Vancouver, Embark Ship
Return to Vancouver and board your ship for a cruise through Alaska's Inside Passage. Stay Seven Nights: Holland America Line's Koningsdam in a Verandah Stateroom (B/D)
16 The Inside Passage
Spend a full day on board as your ship cruises the coast of British Columbia. (B/L/D)
Alaska's picturesque capital, Juneau, is set at the foot of the mountain peaks on the Gastineau Channel, and outdoor activities are plenty. Disembark and explore at leisure or with an optional excursion (own expense). (B/L/D)
Arrive in Skagway, the Inside Passage's northernmost point. See heritage buildings, now protected as part of the Klondike Gold Rush National Historical Park, and maybe set off on an excursion (own expense). (B/L/D)
19 Glacier Bay National Park
Awake to World Heritage-listed Glacier Bay National Park. Take in the calving tidewater glaciers and learn from local rangers who explain the geological wonders. If you're lucky, you might spot whales in the wild. Humpbacks and orcas are plentiful in these waters. (B/L/D)
Disembark in the cheery town Ketchikan and spend the day exploring as you please. (B/L/D)
21 The Inside Passage
Head south through the Inside Passage. (B/L/D)
22 Disembark Ship, Depart Vancouver
Disembark and transfer to the airport. (B)