1 Arrive Vancouver
Once you've landed in Vancouver, we'll meet you at the airport and bring you to your hotel before tonight's welcome dinner. Stay Two Nights: Vancouver, Fairmont Waterfront Hotel (D)
You have time after your Signature Experience to explore the city with your tour director. (B) Signature Experiences:
- After an exclusive breakfast at Capilano Suspension Bridge Park's Cliff House Restaurant, you'll join an insightful nature exploration through the grounds and across the suspension bridges.
3 Vancouver, Rocky Mountaineer, Kamloops
Your rail holiday starts this morning when you board the Rocky Mountaineer. Relax and soak up the views from your bi-level glass-dome carriage in GoldLeaf Service. Stay: Kamloops, hotel as assigned by Rocky Mountaineer (two or three-star hotels) (B/L)
4 Kamloops, Rocky Mountaineer, Banff
The Canadian Rockies are on your mind today as your rail journey continues. Carve your way through the stunning scenery and Spiral Tunnels all the way to Banff National Park. Stay Two Nights: Banff National Park, Fairmont Banff Springs (B/L)
Choose your activity today. Tonight, your hotel offers an impressive dining range. (B/D) Freedom of Choice:
- This evening, dine at one of your hotel's restaurants.
- Today you may like to take part in the Banff Experience which includes a visit to the Cave and Basin National Historic Site. Alternatively, board the Banff Gondola, or set off on a heli-flightseeing excursion. Perhaps enjoy a float trip along Bow River, or learn to be a Canadian ice hockey player. Otherwise, spend some time at the Willow Stream Spa.
6 Banff, Lake Louise
After your Signature Experience, tour Banff then travel via Moraine Lake to Lake Louise. Stay:
Banff National Park, Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise
in a Lakeview Room (B/D) Freedom of Choice:
- Tonight, choose where to have dinner.
- Meet a Mountie and listen to tales of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.
7 Lake Louise, Athabasca Glacier, Jasper
Travel along the Icefields Parkway, and stop at the Columbia Icefield. Board an Ice Explorer vehicle and journey onto the Athabasca Glacier. Arrive later in Jasper National Park
Jasper National Park, Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge
(B/D) Freedom of Choice:
- Choose where to dine at your lodge.
8 Jasper, Mt Robson, Blue River, Sun Peaks
Take in views of Mt Robson as you travel along the Yellowhead Highway. Head for the Monashee Mountains, locally known as Grizzly Bear Valley, and set off on a Blue River Safari to hopefully glimpse a few of the local bears. Stay: Sun Peaks Grand Hotel
(B/L/D) Signature Experiences:
- Head for the Monashee Mountains, locally known as Grizzly Bear Valley, and set off on a Blue River Safari. A custom-designed boat, led by an expert guide, will take you over glacier-fed waterways for the chance to glimpse local bears.
9 Sun Peaks, Whistler
Follow the tracks of early gold rush pioneers through the Cariboo region, stopping at Seton and Duffey lakes. Later, re-enter the Coast Mountains. Ringed by mountains, forests and valleys, you'll soon see why Whistler attracts outdoor enthusiasts. Stay: The Westin Whistler Resort and Spa (B)
10 Whistler, Georgia Strait, Victoria
Travel south to Horseshoe Bay and take a ferry to Nanaimo on Vancouver Island. Continue to Chemainus before arriving in Victoria. If you'd rather forgo the journey by land and ferry, take a floatplane flight instead (own expense). Stay Two Nights: Victoria, Hotel Grand Pacific (B)
11 Victoria, The Butchart Gardens
Later today, a special dinner is served for you and your fellow travellers. (B/D) Signature Experiences:
- Visit The Butchart Gardens before the general public are granted access, and enjoy an exclusive breakfast in the original Butchart residence.
12 Victoria, Vancouver, Embark Ship
Return to Vancouver and board your ship for a cruise through Alaska's Inside Passage. This afternoon, settle in and explore the ship. Stay Seven Nights: Holland America Line's Volendam (B/D)
13 The Inside Passage
Ah the sea! Spend today on board, gliding past rocky headlands and over the icy waters of the Inside Passage, one of the most picturesque sea lanes in the world. (B/L/D)
Alaska's capital, Juneau, is set at the foot of the mountain peaks on the Gastineau Channel, and outdoor activities are plenty. Disembark and explore at leisure or with an optional excursion (own expense). (B/L/D)
Arrive in Skagway, the Inside Passage's northernmost point. See heritage buildings, now protected as part of the Klondike Gold Rush National Historical Park, and maybe set off on an excursion (own expense). (B/L/D)
16 Glacier Bay National Park
Wake among the breathtaking scenery of Glacier Bay National Park. Take in the calving tidewater glaciers and learn from local rangers who explain the geological wonders. (B/L/D)
Dock in Ketchikan today, set on the tranquil shores of the Tongass Narrows, and spend some time exploring as you please. (B/L/D)
18 The Inside Passage
Head through the Inside Passage, taking in the scenery as you near your final port. (B/L/D)
19 Disembark Ship, Depart Vancouver
Say goodbye as you are taken to the airport. (B)