1 Arrive Hanoi
On arrival in Hanoi, you’ll be transferred to your hotel. Later this evening, you’ll get to know your fellow travellers and your local guide during an informal gathering. Stay: Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi
2 Hanoi, Sapa
Rise early this morning and transfer by coach to the ancient township of Sapa, a quiet and visually stunning mountain town located in north-western Vietnam. A magical combination of breathtaking landscapes, ethnic cultures and bracing mountain air, the alpine village of Sapa has been a gathering spot for hundreds of years. Here, local hill tribes buy and sell household products, embroidery and handicrafts. A captivating mix of dramatic mountainscapes and colourful hilltribes, life here has remained unchanged for centuries. This evening after your guided walking tour, enjoy a delicious dinner with fellow travellers. Stay Two Nights:
Sapa, Silk Path Grand Resort & Spa (B/L/D) Signature Experiences:
- Upon arrival, a guided walking tour of Sapa and its famous colourful markets reveals the beauty of the region.
Layered upon the slopes of an emerald green valley, Sapa is more than a peaceful piece of Vietnam. Today, set off on a soft trekking tour to nearby Ta Phin, a picturesque village that’s home to the Red Dao people. Later this afternoon, head to Sau Chua village, a region that retains many traditions of rural Vietnamese village life, and is home to the Black Hmong people. Take in the winding trails across the hillside and be rewarded with breathtaking views of the mountains, rice fields and surrounding valleys. Tonight, return to your hotel for dinner. (B/L/D)
4 Sapa, Hanoi
Travel by coach back to Hanoi this morning where an afternoon of leisure awaits. Perhaps spend some time exploring the streets like a local, or simply relax at your hotel. Stay Three Nights: Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi (B)
With a free day on the cards, perhaps you’ll choose to enjoy a restful morning before stepping out to explore the city at your own pace. You might even like to try the local drink of choice - a refreshing Vietnamese iced coffee served with sweet condensed milk. This evening meet your APT Tour Director over a Welcome Briefing and Dinner. (B/D)
A guided tour of Hanoi will take you to the city’s most famous historic and cultural sites. Then, explore more of this vibrant city on your selected Freedom of Choice activity. (B/D) Freedom of Choice:
- Perhaps tour the 500-year-old village of Bat Trang, world-famous for its pottery. Or, relax and enjoy a foot massage back at your hotel. Embark on a walking tour to observe Hanoi’s French colonial architecture, and explore the interior of the Hanoi Opera House, or take in a water puppet show. Another option is a leisurely bicycle ride past Hanoi’s lush rice paddy fields.
- This evening, choose from a range of superb restaurants for dinner that have been carefully selected for you.
7 Hanoi, Ha Long Bay
Farewell Hanoi as you travel by coach to Ha Long for your Signature Experience cruise. Enjoy lunch on board, as you traverse through the stunning scenery of Ha Long Bay. Later on, tour the World Heritage-listed Sung Sot Cave with its thousands of beautiful stalactites. Relax on board during dinner this evening. Stay Two Nights:
Ha Long Bay, The Au Co (B/L/D) Signature Experiences:
- Embark on a three-day cruise on the World Heritage-listed Ha Long Bay. Feel the wind in your hair as you set sail among thousands of spectacular limestone islets this afternoon, gliding slowly over the azure waters.
8 Ha Long Bay
Perhaps enjoy tai chi on the sun deck. After breakfast, your ship will sail towards Bai Tu Long Bay, cruising past the floating villages of Cua Van and Vung Vieng before visiting Cong Dam fishing village by bamboo boat or kayak. After lunch, arrive at Cat Ba Island to visit the Cat Ba National Park and Viet Hai Village. Here, explore the sights of the island by bike. (B/L/D)
9 Ha Long Bay, Hanoi, Da Nang, Hoi An
This morning, cruise beside the Surprise Grotto and Titov Island. The stunning islands, a slow creation of humid weather and tectonic activity, are a beautiful sight to be greeted with. After breakfast, disembark and transfer to Hanoi airport for your included flight to Da Nang. Upon arrival, take a scenic coach ride to the historic city of Hoi An. Arrive at your five-star hotel situated on the banks of the Thu Bon River. Here you will enjoy three relaxing nights amid Art Nouveau-inspired surrounds. Stay Three Nights: Hotel Royal Hoi An (B/L/D)
10 Hoi An
This morning, set out on your chosen Freedom of Choice activity. Perhaps take a walking tour of Hoi An, enjoy an eco-tour of the surrounding countryside, or join an enchanting bicycle tour. Alternatively, head to the city’s finest tailors to be fitted for a complimentary shirt or blouse, or enjoy some rest and relaxation during an indulgent spa treatment. With the afternoon then at your leisure, perhaps explore more of bustling Hoi An. Tonight, enjoy a tantalising dinner at one of the city’s restaurants. (B/D) Freedom of Choice:
- Perhaps take a walking tour of Hoi An, enjoy an eco-tour of the surrounding countryside, or join an enchanting bicycle tour. Alternatively, head to the city’s finest tailors to be fitted for a complimentary shirt or blouse, or enjoy some rest and relaxation during an indulgent spa treatment.
11 Hoi An
You can experience the true personality of a city at its markets, and Hoi An is no exception. Enjoy a Signature Experience over lunch before an afternoon and evening at leisure. (B/L) Signature Experiences:
- Today, you’ll venture into the colourful market to meet vendors and learn about the local ingredients you’ll use later during an exclusive cooking class with the Red Bridge Cooking School. Take a boat cruise along the Hoi An River to the school and explore the herb garden before learning how to prepare Vietnamese dishes. Then, sample the results of your efforts for lunch.
12 Hoi An, Hue
Your journey continues towards Hue as you travel past the towering Marble Mountains, a cluster of five marble and limestone hills located south of Da Nang. Cross the Hai Van Pass, one of the country’s most scenic and stunning hillside roads, as you continue on your way. Upon arrival, enjoy lunch in a lush garden restaurant before visiting Hue’s impressive Imperial Citadel and the tallest pagoda in Vietnam, the historic seven-storey Thien Mu Pagoda. Tonight, be treated to an indulgent Emperor Feast, featuring sumptuous royal-inspired Vietnamese cuisine unique to this region. Stay: Hue, La Résidence Hotel & Spa (B/L/D)
13 Hue, Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon)
After breakfast this morning, transfer to the airport for your included flight to Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon). Check in to your luxurious hotel and enjoy the rest of the day to explore this fascinating city at your leisure. This evening, enjoy a delicious dinner at your hotel. Stay Two Nights: Ho Chi Minh City, Park Hyatt Saigon (B/D)
14 Ho Chi Minh City, Long Tan OR Cu Chi Tunnels
Today choose from two Signature Experiences. This evening, another Signature Experience awaits over dinner. (B/L/D) Signature Experiences:
- On the first option, journey to Ba Ria and learn about the Battle of Long Tan. Afterwards, attend a memorial service at the Long Tan Cross, a memorial erected by the 6th Battalion, Royal Australian Regiment, which is set in a rubber plantation and marks the site of the Battle of Long Tan. Alternatively, visit the Cu Chi Tunnels, an incredible tunnel network constructed by Vietnamese resistance fighters during the war.
- This evening, enjoy a delicious dinner menu created by Luke Nguyen, at Vietnam House.
15 Ho Chi Minh City, My Tho, Embark Ship
Select one of our Freedom of Choice activities today. Later, transfer to My Tho to embark your ship. Tonight, enjoy an exclusive Luke Nguyen Welcome Dinner with your fellow guests. Stay Seven Nights:
Mekong River, APT’s RV AmaLotus
(B/L/D) Freedom of Choice:
- Enjoy a cooking class, learning the tricks of fragrant Vietnamese cuisine; explore the city by foot or on a motorbike; visit an artist’s home; or embark on an shopping tour.
16 Cai Be, Sa Dec
Step ashore in Cai Be to visit the French Gothic cathedral and a local rice paper manufacturer. Enjoy lunch back on board as you cruise towards Sa Dec. Here, enjoy a boat ride, then visit a Cao Dai temple. (B/L/D)
17 Tan Chau, Evergreen Island, Border Crossing
Take a small boat along the tiny tributaries that snake around Tan Chau, then step ashore for a rickshaw tour through the village and visit a silk and rattan workshop. Visit an evergreen island, then perhaps attend a fruit-carving demonstration. (B/L/D)
18 Phnom Penh
You may like to rise early to take in Phnom Penh’s river promenade as your ship nears the capital. Disembark and enjoy a Freedom of Choice inclusion. (B/L/D) Freedom of Choice:
- Alight in Phnom Penh and perhaps enjoy a guided tour of the white and gold Royal Palace and Silver Pagoda. Or, you may wish to discover some of Cambodia’s sobering history with a moving excursion to the infamous Killing Fields. Afterwards, visit the Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum located on the site of the Khmer Rouge’s notorious Security Prison 21 (S-21). Your other options are a visit to the National Museum or a guided city tour in a tuk tuk.
19 Phnom Penh, Koh Chen
This morning, you can relax aboard your ship or discover the city’s attractions on your own. Later today, cruise to Koh Chen, a small village specialising in copperware. (B/L/D)
20 Oudong, Kampong Tralach
Disembark and set off by coach on a morning tour of the graceful town of Oudong. Visit the monastery for a special Buddhist blessing experience before continuing to Kampong Tralach and visiting the Wat Kampong Tralach Pleu pagoda. Later, take an ox cart through rice fields back to your river ship. (B/L/D)
21 Kampong Chhnang
Enjoy a boat excursion into the wetlands near Kampong Chhnang. Then return to your ship and head towards Prek K’dam. This evening, enjoy a delicious Farewell Dinner on board your ship. (B/L/D)
22 Prek K’dam, Disembark Ship, Siem Reap
Disembark at Prek K’dam and transfer to your hotel. Then, head to World Heritage-listed Angkor Archaeological Park to visit Angkor Thom and the 12th-century temple, Bayon. Stay Three Nights:
Siem Reap, Hotel Sofitel Angkor (B/D) Freedom of Choice:
- After returning to Siem Reap in the evening, you have a choice of restaurants to select from.
23 Siem Reap
After your Signature Experience, enjoy a guided tour of this impressive temple, then return to your hotel for breakfast. This afternoon, explore the temple of Ta Prohm and visit ‘Opportunities of Development thru Art’ (ODA). (B) Signature Experiences:
- Rise early and travel back to the Angkor Archaeological Park to enjoy a sunrise over Angkor Wat with drink in hand.
24 Siem Reap
Embark on your selected activity today. Tonight, take in an Apsara dance performance, once reserved for the royal family’s entertainment, before a memorable Farewell Dinner. (B/D) Freedom of Choice:
- Options include a Buddhist blessing, a tuk tuk ride to the Senteurs d’Angkor workshop, an Apsara dance class, a quad bike adventure, a leisurely horse and cart ride, a bicycle tour across the countryside, a Khmer cooking class, a shopping trip, or a relaxing spa treatment.
25 Depart Siem Reap
Enjoy breakfast this morning in Siem Reap. You might like to take the time to converse with fellow travellers about all the special moments you have shared. Afterwards, say farewell to your Tour Director and other travellers, and transfer to the airport for your onward flight. (B)