15 November, 2022
This Summer, Princess Cruises sails out of Tokyo (Yokohama) and Kobe on diverse itineraries spanning from the southern tropical islands of Okinawa to the northernmost island of Hokkaido.
Discovery awaits in Japan with the rich culture, history, cuisine and natural wonders of this island nation, where ancient traditions and fast-paced modernity flourish in harmony.
Top reasons to experience Japan with Princess include:
- Easy & Accessible: Princess offers English-speaking guides and shore excursions so guests can enjoy all of the stunning sites and local culture, balanced with the comforts of home when they return each night to their cruise ship. Diamond Princess guests enjoy the best of both worlds from delicious regional dishes to familiar comfort food, plus they can relax knowing they will be transported to a new destination each night and only have the unpack once.
- Temples, Shrines & Palaces: Guests delight in the abundance of stunning UNESCO World Heritage Sites featuring temples and shrines, such as the historic monuments of ancient Kyoto, Buddhist monuments of the Horyu-ji area and the Hiroshima Peace Memorial.
- Festivals: With 9 opportunities to visit local festivals, guests experience some of Japan’s world-famous festivals such as Kyoto Gion Festival featuring massive, hand-crafted “Yama” and “Hoko” floats that are constructed every year without the use of nails, or watch a display of 10,000 fireworks during the Kumano Fireworks Festival. Other featured festivals include Osaka Tenjin Festival, Aomori Nebuta Festival, Akita Kanto Festival, Kochi Yosakoi Dance Festival and Tokushima Awa Dance Festival.
- Vibrant Cities: It’s easy to soak up the cultures of the astounding cities where the 21st century coexists with the spirit of ancient Japan. In Tokyo, guests enjoy shopping in the Ginza district or exploring the Imperial Palace plaza. This season features the maiden port call to Hitachinaka, for access to the shrines and temples of Nikko. Ten ports offer late-night stays including Akita, Aomori, Kochi, Osaka and Tokushima on Summer Festival dates.
- Natural Wonders, Gardens & Onsens: Serenity abounds in Kanazawa’s Kenrokuen Garden, one of Japan’s Three Great Gardens. Guests can also choose to experience a traditional tea ceremony while overlooking Mt. Fuji or enjoy the relaxing atmosphere and health benefits of an “onsen” (hot spring bath).
Princess offers a cruise experience connected to the local Japanese culture with guests dining on authentic cuisine at Kai Sushi, soak in a traditional Izumi bath – the largest Japanese bath at sea – and enjoy folkloric shows and regional entertainment.
With Princess' exclusive MedallionClass Experience guests enjoy an effortless guest experience, delivering highly personalised service and enabling touchless interactive experiences and entertainment.
With guests enjoying expedited boarding; on-demand food, beverage, retail and service delivery; keyless stateroom entry; contactless payment; friends and family locator; anywhere wagering; interactive games; and movies/live TV on the go along with the best Wi-FI at sea with MedallionNet.