1 Arrive Hobart
Prepare for a journey of discovery, delving into colourful cultural history and awe-inspiring natural wonders. Arrive in the romantic harbour town of Hobart, where we' ll meet you on arrival and transfer you to your hotel. The second oldest capital in Australia, Hobart offers captivating history, exceptional experiences and classic heritage charm. Once settled in, explore the city on a guided tour and visit the Botanical Gardens. Tonight, delight in a welcome dinner and drink with fellow APT travellers. Stay: Hobart, Hotel Grand Chancellor, Harbour View Room (D)
2 Russell Falls, Cradle Mountain-Lake St Clair National Park, Strahan
Discover the magic of Russell Falls in Mt Field National Park today, then continue to the World Heritage-listed Cradle Mountain-Lake St Clair National Park. Visit The Wall in the Wilderness, before travelling via the mining town of Queenstown to Strahan. Tonight, savour dinner at View 42° Restaurant and Bar. Stay: Strahan Village, Harbour View Room (B/D)
3 Strahan, Cradle Mountain
From the comfort of the Captain's Premier Upper Deck, glide across Macquarie Harbour and enter the Franklin-Gordon Wild Rivers National Park. Stopping at Heritage Landing, prepare for a guided rainforest walk. Back on board, you'll be treated to a delicious lunch of fresh Tasmanian produce before arriving at Tasmania's World Heritage-listed Sarah Island. Here you'll get a chilling insight into the cruelties of convict life as you explore the ruins of what was once a convict settlement. Cruise past Hells Gates then return to Strahan. From here, set off by coach for the remarkable Peppers Cradle Mountain Lodge, set right on the edge of Cradle Mountain-Lake St Clair National Park. Stay Two Nights: Peppers Cradle Mountain Lodge
(B/L/D) Signature Experiences:
- After breakfast this morning, board the luxurious Spirit of the Wild for a cruise along the secluded wilderness highway, the Gordon River.
4 Cradle Mountain, Dove Lake
After admiring the beauty of Cradle Mountain-Lake St Clair National Park, visit Waldheim Chalet, then enjoy your Freedom of Choice Sightseeing inclusion. (B/D) Freedom of Choice:
- Perhaps indulge in a wine and cheese tasting or learn about the flora and fauna of the region during a walk with a naturalist guide. Alternatively, enjoy a free afternoon then go searching for native animals on a night spotlight tour.
- Today set out to explore Dove Lake with a friendly local guide, admiring the beauty of Cradle Mountain-Lake St Clair National Park.
5 Stanley, Tarkine, Smithton
Today, travel to Stanley, set in the shadow of The Nut. Continue to the Julius River Forest Reserve for a rainforest walk and afternoon tea. Later, head to Smithton. Stay:
Smithton, Tall Timbers Hotel
(B/D) Signature Experiences:
- Journey through the Tarkine region and stop at Sumac Lookout for views of the Arthur River. Tonight, enjoy an exclusive Tasmanian fare dinner
6 Smithton, Launceston
This morning you will visit Entally House, an enchanting historic homestead surrounded by splendid gardens. The house contains a magnificent collection of regency furniture and fine silver and its outbuildings include a chapel, coach house, stables and Australia's oldest conservatory. Afterwards, travel to Cataract Gorge, a unique natural rock formation on the outskirts of the city. Follow the path along the river to explore the geological wonders and soak up the fresh Tasmanian air. Stay Two Nights: Launceston, Peppers Silo Hotel (B/D)
Packed with a plethora of old country charm, delicious food and wine and elegant Colonial and Victorian architecture, Launceston
has one of the best-preserved early cityscapes in Australia. Here, enjoy your selected sightseeing activity. The remainder of the afternoon will be enjoyed at your leisure. (B/L/D) Freedom of Choice:
- Perhaps discover the wonders of Seahorse World or see the elusive inhabitants of Platypus House in a unique indoor setting. Alternatively, embark on a historical journey as you enjoy a guided tour of the Beaconsfield Mine & Heritage Centre. Or, embark on a fully guided tour of James Boag's historic brewery, which concludes in a tasting.
- Continue to Josef Chromy, a northern winery that prides itself on celebrating Tasmanian grapes. Here you'll be treated to a specially prepared lunch and have the chance to sample some of the winery's finest drops.
8 Launceston, Bridestowe Lavender Estate, Freycinet National Park
After visiting Bridestowe Lavender Estate, traverse Weldborough Pass, past forested hills and farmland, and stop at East Coast Natureworld to meet a Tasmanian devil. This evening, enjoy time at leisure. Stay Two Nights:
Freycinet National Park, Freycinet Lodge
(B/D) Signature Experiences:
- Today you'll travel through the scenic wine-producing areas of northern Tasmania en route to the Bridestowe Lavender Estate. Here, take a tour of the distillery and sample unique lavender-infused fare. Afterwards, meet a rare Tasmanian devil at East Coast Natureworld.
9 Freycinet National Park
After breakfast this morning, you'll enjoy a guided walking tour along Cape Tourville, admiring the stunning coastal scenery. Tonight, savour a gourmet BBQ that showcases the finest regional produce, with views overlooking Coles Bay (weather permitting). (B/D)
10 Freycinet National Park, Hobart
Depart for Hobart this morning, via Richmond. Spend time at leisure before you bid a fond farewell to the Apple Isle. We say also goodbye before we transfer you to the airport for your flight. (B)