Norwegian Cruise Line
Set sail on one of Norwegian Cruise Line’s 17 innovative ships, where award-winning entertainment, spectacular dining options, and activities for every traveller await. Whether you are cruising through the glaciers of Alaska or the sundrenched Mediterranean, you can say goodbye to strict schedules and hello to a freestyle cruising experience that will make your holiday truly yours.
Inclusions, itineraries, onboard facilities & deck plans of each NCL cruise ship.
Last Refurbished: 2020
Year Launched: 1998
Year Launched: 2019
The Norwegian Cruise Line Experience
Why you should choose to travel with Norwegian Cruise Line on your next adventure
Imagine cruising just the way you want it: with no schedule to follow but your own. That is the freedom Norwegian Cruise Line provides with no schedules and no stipulations.
Indulge your taste buds at one of the wide-ranging dining options, or perhaps you would prefer a dinner and a show combination?
Relax in some of the most spacious and modern staterooms in the cruise industry before venturing out to experience the shore excursion of your choice.
Bask in the bright lights of Broadway with performances like Rock of Ages or Tony Award®-winning musical Million Dollar Quartet.
Or watch in awe as world-class acrobats and aerialist twirl through the air in Cirque Dreams. Spend every day discovering award-winning entertainment that's beyond anything at sea.
Top Deck Innovation
Experience the only race tracks and open-air laser tag courses at sea on board Norwegian Joy, Norwegian Bliss, and Norwegian Encore.
Hit the deck and dance the night away at NCL's popular parties, including White Hot, Caliente, Glow, and Nashville Nights.
Feel the warm sun and balmy ocean breezes along The Waterfront, Norwegian's revolutionary quarter-mile oceanfront promenade.
Spectacular Dining Choices
Savour a three-course meal and a great bottle of wine. Or grab a burger hot off the grill. Dress up. Dress down. Sit down with friends or make new ones.
Thanks to the flexibility of no fixed dining times or pre-assigned seating, you have the freedom to enjoy more dining options than days of your cruise.
Your guide to travelling with NCL Cruises
30 December, 2019
Norwegian Spirit’s 2020 Revitalisation
New Year, new Spirit. 2020 will see Norwegian Spirit undergo a US$100 million revitalisation under The Norwegian Edge program. Heading into dry dock on January 2nd she will set sail again in February to show off her extensive bow to stern renovation. Fresh from her makeover she will boast 14..
06 December, 2019
How The Haven on Norwegian Will Change the Way You Cruise
A private enclave nestled atop select ships in the Norwegian Cruise Line fleet brings exclusivity and luxury to the sea – and it will change the way you cruise. The Haven is a beautiful space comprised of well appointed suites and private venues for Haven guests only and is attended by..
04 December, 2019
Everything You Need to Know About Cruising with Kids on Norwegian
A holiday on board Norwegian Cruise Line’s family friendly fleet can be the perfect getaway, offering something for all ages. If you are planning a family cruise holiday, then here’s what you need to know about cruising with children on Norwegian. Youth Programs Norwegian Cruise Line offers a..
NCL Cruises FAQ's
Frequently asked questions for clients considering travelling with Norwegian Cruise Line
Prepare for your NCL cruise
What clothes should I pack? What shouldn't I bring on board?
When it comes to what to wear, you can go resort casual or get decked-out and look your best - it's your call. That's the freedom of Freestyle Cruising. NCL even have special "Dress-Up or Not Night." It's the perfect opportunity to get your portrait taken with your family, that special someone or even with the ship's Captain.
Please Note: NCL want you to be comfortable, but tank tops for men, thongs, baseball caps, visors and jeans that are overly faded, with holes or tears and worn below the hips are not permitted in main dining rooms or specialty restaurants.
Will I need an electrical adaptor for my cruise?
- Drones (Game Flying Device)
- Samsung Galaxy Note7
- Alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages (exceptions apply - see below)
- Unsealed food items
- Firearms, weapons of any kind
- Irons / Ironing Boards and Steamers
- Animals of any kind
- Firearms, weapons of any kind
- For a full list visit NCL's PROHIBITED ITEMS LIST.
How many suitcases can I bring?
All Norwegian ships are equipped with North American standard, 110 volts AC and standard European 220/230 volts AC outlets. To use Australian or New Zealand electrical items on board, you will need to bring an adaptor with you.
Where can I keep my valuables?
Each person is allowed up to two pieces of personal luggage on board, with each piece weighing a maximum of 50 pounds (22kgs). However, if you're travelling by air prior to your cruise, you need to check with your airline for specific restrictions.
All staterooms and suites have mini-safes. Please note, however, that Norwegian is not responsible for valuables left in staterooms or elsewhere on board.
Before you leave
What is My NCL, and what are eDocs? When can I make specialty restaurant reservations?
Once your booking has been confirmed by your Global Journeys cruise advisor, you will be able to sign up for "My NCL". This is done directly on the Norwegian Cruise website and allows you to access all of your important pre-cruise information, complete your Online Check-In and reserve Shore Excursions. Once you've completed your Online Check-In you can download eDocs - a detailed summary of your cruise holiday that acts as your boarding pass.
What does the cruise fare include?
Reserving dining and entertainment before your cruise can help you plan ahead and make sure that you do not miss out on our most popular shows and restaurants. You can pre-book these on board activities in "My NCL" following the schedule below:
- Suites and Haven - 120 days prior to sailing
- All other staterooms
- For sailings that are 6 days or less and are not a holiday sailing, 90 days prior to sailing
- For sailings that are 6 days or less and are a holiday sailing, 120 days prior to sailing
- For sailings that are 7 days or more, 120 days prior to sailing
What doesn't the cruise fare include?
- Transportation to some of the most beautiful places on earth via cruise ship
- Dedicated Kids & Teen (ages 3-17) programming & spaces during at sea days until 10:30 pm and from departure until 10:30 pm during port days
- Meals in one of the many complimentary dining venues
- 24-hour Dining venue (on select ships)
- Room service menu items (convenience charge may apply)
- Outdoor Buffet (on select ships)
- Pool Bar and Grill (on select ships)
- Coffee Bar (regular coffee and pastries included, specialty coffees at nominal extra charge)
- Iced Tea, some juices in the buffet (for breakfast), regular coffee, tea and ice water
- All entertainment on board (with the exception of dinner and lunch theatre entertainment)
- Art Auctions
- Poolside activities
- Access to fitness facilities
- Select on board presentations
- Sports Court activities
- Use of outdoor pools and hot tubs
- In-stateroom TV programming (except for on-demand movies)
- Phone calls on board the ship (stateroom to stateroom)
- Use of private Studio Lounge if staying in Studio accommodation on Norwegian Breakaway, Norwegian Epic, Pride of America, Norwegian Getaway and Norwegian Escape
- Suite Guests receive additional amenities, based on the category of accommodation
What is the on board service charge?
- Service Charges/Gratuities
- Meals in Specialty Restaurants
- Alcoholic Beverages (except on Norwegian Sky's and Norwegian Sun's All-Inclusive Sailings)
- Soft drinks and some other non-alcoholic beverages
- Spa and Salon Services
- Exercise classes
- Dining Entertainment
- Transfers (unless pre-purchased with air/sea packages)
- Hotel Stays pre-/post-cruise (unless pre-purchased)
- Shore Excursions
- Internet Access
- Baby Sitting Services
- Specialty On board Seminars
- Art purchases
- Gift shop purchases
- Video Arcade
- Phone calls off the ship
- Wi/Fi & Satellite connection for tablets, phones/mobile devices
- Laundry Services
- Use of the Medical Centre
- Government taxes, port expenses, and fees
- Convenience Charge for Room Service (does not apply to The Haven and Norwegian Suites)
Can I prepay my gratuities in my local currency?
- For all ships excluding Norwegian Joy & Bliss
- $18 USD per person per day for The Haven, Concierge and Suites
- $15 USD per person per day for all other stateroom types
- Norwegian Joy & Bliss
- $25.50 USD per person per day for Concierge and Haven Suites
- $14.50 USD per person per day for all other stateroom types
- Guests sailing to Hawaii will be charged an additional 4.275% Pre Paid Service Charge GET Tax
How much does it cost to go on the Race Track, Laser Tag or Galaxy Pavilion?
Yes. Service charges apply to all guests 3 years or older. We'd suggest you prepay these. Please request when enquiring with us at Global Journeys. The convenience of prepaying the service charges allows you to plan your budget prior to your cruise giving you additional freedom while on board. Grautuies are compulsory so yif you do not prepay them then they will charged on board in USD.
How do I pay for on board expenses?
Ready to experience the ultimate joy ride? NCL have created a variety of packages to ensure that you enjoy our most innovative on board activities as much as you like. You may purchase any of the below on board. Each activity has different minimum height, and weight requirements. Prices in USD.
- Galaxy Pavilion
- $29.00 entry fee per person includes full access to the venue for 90-minutes. Unlimited Package: Use the attractions as much as you like, excluding the Formula 1 Cars. $199 for 7-Day Sailing.
- Joy Speedway
- $15.00 includes a single kart session The Ultimate Speedway Package $199 permits you to use the race track as much as you like during scheduled opening hours for unlimited use during a 7-day sailing.
- Laser Tag
- Ultimate Trio Package
- Enjoy unlimited access to Joy Speedway, Galaxy Pavilion and Laser Tag during scheduled open session times. $350 for unlimited use during 7-day sailing. Sold on embarkation day at the speedway track and Galaxy Pavilion
What is the Fuel Supplement?
For your convenience, all shipboard expenses are charged to your On board account. Sign up when you check in, establishing your method of payment with Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, JCB Card, Diner's Club. You may also use your debit card however please be advised that NCL obtain pre-authorisation, as they do for all Credit Cards, and some banks hold these funds for up to 30 days. Cash can also be used as a method of payment to settle your account with an initial deposit paid in advance.
What currency is used on board?
Norwegian reserves the right to charge a fuel supplement without prior notice should the closing price of West Texas Intermediate Fuel increase above $65.00 USD per barrel on the NYMEX (New York Mercantile Exchange Index). In the event a fuel supplement is charged, Norwegian will have sole discretion to apply the supplementary charge to both existing and new bookings, regardless of whether such bookings have been paid in full. Such supplementary charges are not included in the cruise fare. The fuel supplement charge will not exceed $10.00 USD per passenger per day.
The currency used on board all NCL ships is the US dollar.
Is there a doctor on board? Are there special rates for children or infants?
A physician and nurse are on each ship to provide medical care and services at customary charges. Commonly used medications are kept on board and may be prescribed by the ship's doctor.
Are there children's programmes? Do I have to pay for Splash Academy, Entourage or Late Night Fun Zone programmes on sea days and port days?
Norwegian Cruise Line is committed to offering an unforgettable cruise experience for the entire family. Children aboard NCL ships can enjoy a variety of activities, events and programmes including the newly redesigned Youth Programme with age specific activities for infants, kids & teens.
On most sailings, NCL offer significantly discounted rates for the 3rd - 8th guests. Infants under six months of age are not eligible for travel on Norwegian ships.
How do I register my children for the youth programmes: Guppies Nursery, Splash Academy, and Entourage?
Splash Academy and Entourage are complimentary programmes, but there is a port day Meal Fee of $6.00 USD per child/per meal, which applies for the supervision of children during meal times. Depending on the arrival of the ship into port, Port Day Meals may include a combination of breakfast, lunch and/or dinner. Please check the activity programme on board for the Port Play Meal(s) time slots.
On all ships, one-time registration is to be completed by a parent or guardian (if child is not travelling with their parent) for each child/teen age 3 - 17. Children/teens can then participate as frequently as they choose. Norwegian requests that you let the Youth Staff know if your child has allergies and/or is taking any medications by noting this on the Registration Form.
On the Norwegian Escape, any parent wanting to use the Guppies Nursery is required to complete a one-time registration for children ages 6 months - under 3 years old along with securing a reservation for desired time block session. Be sure to register your child and make reservations for the desired time block once on board with the Nursery Attendant.
Latitudes (Past Travellers)
Will my Latitudes Rewards be credited to my account if we book through Global Journeys? Ways To Earn Rewards Points
When making a new booking with us, we encourage you to enter your existing Latitudes Rewards number in order for you to be accurately credited your Latitudes points and receive the on board benefits you earned.
How many points are needed to reach each tier level?
- Earn 1 point for every cruise night.
- Earn 1 additional point per night for booking in a Concierge, Suite* or The Haven.
- Earn 1 additional point per night when booking a Latitudes Rewards Insider Offer.
- On board Discounts (including the pre-booking of shore excursions) are available on all sailings. All other benefits are available on sailings 5 days or longer.
When are Rewards points applied to my account?
- Bronze: 1 - 29 points
- Silver: 30 - 54 points
- Gold: 55 - 79 points
- Platinum: 80 - 174 points
- Platinum Plus: 175 - 699 points
- Ambassador: 700+ points
Rewards points are applied to your account after you return from your cruise. Points will be applied within 48 hours after you have completed a sailing.
Liquor & Beverage Policy
What is the alcohol and beverage policy? Can I bring alcohol on board?
The minimum drinking age for all alcoholic beverages on Norwegian Cruise Line ships is 21. Guests who are 18 - 20 years of age can purchase and consume beer or wine when the ship is in international waters (3 miles out of US territorial waters). The age modification does not apply for Alaska and Hawaii sailings. The parent or legal guardian must be on board the sailing with the young adult and present themselves at the Front Desk so they can sign the form allowing the consumption of beer and wine only.
Can I bring water or soft drink on board?
With the exception of Wine and Champagne, all guests are prohibited from bringing alcohol on board NCL ships. If you purchase any alcohol at one of the ports-of-call or on board shops, NCL will safely store your purchase(s) and either on the final night of the cruise or the morning of debarkation it will be available for pick up in a designated area.
If I need to bring water or milk on board for a medical reason or infant, what’s the process?
Guests are prohibited from bringing any non-alcoholic drinks such as water, soft drink and juices on board either as carry-on or checked luggage.
Why can I bring wine but not other beverages?
Guests who have special needs, medical requirements, or families with infants who require water for formula or milk, should contact the access desk at email@example.com to verify if an exception can be made for their beverage and to obtain pre-approval to provide to security at embarkation.
As very few guests bring wine on board, the team is able to easily and quickly screen these items.
Why should we book our NCL cruise with Global Journeys?
You'll get your own cruise advisor to look after your booking You can combine tours and cruises together
When you make an enquiry with us, one of our team is assigned as your personal Cruise Consultant. You're provided with her contact details so you can email or phone her directly, and if you book with us again, she'll be your Consultant the next time too!
Why haven't I heard of Global Journeys before?
Global Journeys are the only online travel agency in the world where you can search, book and combine guided land journeys, river cruises and ocean cruises into one unified reservation, all with the help of your cruise advisor, the lowest fares in the industry and from the comfort of your sofa!
Do you charge any service fees?
Join the thousands of other satisfied clients of ours that we've helped to book amazing journeys around the world for the last 10 years. Don't take our word for it - read our reviews here. All our past clients also receive a loyalty saving that can be applied to their cruise booking.
Do you belong to Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA)?
Unlike almost all high street travel agencies, we do not charge service fees. We provide the level of service we'd expect if we were booking a cruise for ourselves. As a specialist tour and cruise operator we take a personal interest in all our clients and take great pride in the loyalty our customers have shown us since our inception.
Yes we do - our Membership Number is 80102248. Every Cruise Advisor at Global Journeys is also CLIA certified. CLIA endorses accredited cruise agents to the public as being the most qualified to service their cruising needs, having passed all the necessary knowledge components as set out by the official body of the cruise industry. Therefore the accreditation sets CLIA specialised cruise consultants apart from other travel agents.
Terms & Conditions
All the boring small print. We recommend you read them, as no one likes surprises!