Be met and transferred to your hotel. Tonight, enjoy a sumptuous Welcome Dinner. Stay Two Nights: Vancouver, Fairmont Waterfront Hotel (D)
Spend the morning exploring the city with your Tour Director. Armed with plenty of insights, you’ll enjoy your free afternoon. (B)
Vancouver, Rocky Mountaineer, Kamloops
Board the Rocky Mountaineer and enjoy GoldLeaf Service as you travel to Kamloops. Stay: Kamloops, hotel as assigned by Rocky Mountaineer (Kamloops has limited accommodation, two or three-star hotels) (B/L)
Kamloops, Rocky Mountaineer, Banff
Your rail journey continues into the Canadian Rockies on the way to Banff National Park. Stay Two Nights: Banff National Park, The Fairmont Banff Springs (B/L)
It’s up to you to decide how you’d like to explore World Heritage-listed Banff National Park today. (B/D) Freedom of Choice:
- Enjoy the Banff Experience - which includes a visit to the Cave and Basin National Historic Site; take to the skies on a heli-flightseeing trip; join a float trip along the Bow River; learn to be a Canadian ice hockey player; relax at the Willow Stream Spa; or go for a cruise on Lake Minnewanka.
- Tonight, choose from one of the many restaurants on offer at your hotel.
Banff, Lake Louise
Board the Banff Gondola and ascend Sulphur Mountain, where you’ll be awestruck by the sweeping panoramic views out over six mountain ranges. Return to the foot of the mountain and enjoy a guided tour of the town, then set out along the Trans-Canada Highway. Travel through the lush forest of Banff National Park on your way to the iconic Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise. Overlooking the turquoise shores of Lake Louise, you’ll treasure your stay at one of the most alluring locations on the planet. This evening, you may choose where to have dinner. Stay:
Banff National Park, The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise
in a Lakeview Room (B/D) Freedom of Choice:
- Select one of the many exceptional restaurants located within your hotel from which to dine.
- Meet a Mountie and hear tales of the iconic Royal Canadian Mounted Police.
- On the sparkling shores of Lake Louise, join an expert Mountain Heritage Guide and learn about the rich natural history of the area.
Lake Louise, Athabasca Glacier, Jasper
Travel along the Icefields Parkway, and stop at the Columbia Icefield. Here, you’ll board an Ice Explorer vehicle and journey onto the surface of Athabasca Glacier. Arrive later in Jasper National Park
Jasper National Park, The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge
(B/D) Freedom of Choice:
- Choose where to dine at your lodge in Jasper.
Jasper, Mt Robson, Blue River, Sun Peaks
Join the Yellowhead Highway and re-enter British Columbia, stopping to take in views of Mt Robson, the highest peak in the Canadian Rockies. Located in British Columbia’s picturesque Monashee Mountains, Grizzly Bear Valley - as Blue River locals call it - is an incredible natural wildlife habitat. Here, both grizzly and black bears are sighted daily, as are caribou, moose, deer, osprey, eagles and many other woodland creatures that call the region home. Enjoy lunch then continue your journey to the village of Sun Peaks. Stay: Sun Peaks Grand Hotel
(B/L/D) Signature Experiences:
- On a Blue River Safari, a custom-designed boat will take you over glacier-fed waterways up close to the bears seen on the banks. Piloted by an expert guide, not only will you spot wildlife, you’ll see glaciers and pass right by waterfalls toppling from the snow-capped mountains nearby.
Sun Peaks, Whistler
Follow the historic tracks of the early gold rush pioneers through the rugged Cariboo region. Travel via the remote rural town of Lillooet, and stop at both Seton and Duffey lakes. Then re-enter the Coast Mountains on your way to Whistler. Ringed by mountains, forests and valleys, you’ll see why this destination attracts outdoor enthusiasts. Stay: The Westin Whistler Resort and Spa (B/D)
Whistler, Georgia Strait, Victoria
Travel via Shannon Falls to Horseshoe Bay, then ride the ferry across Georgia Strait to Vancouver Island. Make a brief stop in Chemainus then continue to Victoria. Perhaps take a one-hour floatplane flight from Whistler to Victoria (own expense). Stay Two Nights: Victoria, Hotel Grand Pacific (B)
Victoria, The Butchart Gardens
This afternoon presents you with the chance to select from a range of activities. On the final evening of your land journey, enjoy a special dinner with your fellow travellers. (B/D) Freedom of Choice:
- Perhaps join a whale watching cruise; take a seaplane flight; learn about the city’s heritage district on a guided tour; fish for salmon; ride in a horse-drawn carriage; or delight in afternoon tea at the elegant Fairmont Empress.
- Visit The Butchart Gardens before the crowds this morning and enjoy breakfast in the original Butchart residence. You’ll enjoy plenty of time to explore the colourful gardens in serenity before the gates open to the general public.
Victoria, Vancouver, Embark Ship
Return to Vancouver and board your ship for your Alaska Inside Passage
cruise. Enjoy plenty of time to settle in and explore the ship. Stay Seven Nights:
Holland America Line’s MS Volendam
in a Verandah Stateroom (B/D) Signature Experiences:
- To celebrate the beginning of your cruise, you’ll be treated to a delightful Sail Away Dinner at the renowned Pinnacle Grill.
Cruise the Inside Passage
The excitement builds today as you open your curtains to the legendary scenery of the Inside Passage. Enjoy a full day at sea as your ship cruises past fjords and tiny islands off the coast of British Columbia. (B/L/D)
Cruise to Alaska’s capital, Juneau, set at the foot of the mountain peaks on the Gastineau Channel. Outdoor activities abound here, while the town centre is home to a wealth of cultural attractions. Disembark and choose to explore at leisure or set off on one of the available excursions (own expense). (B/L/D)
Arrive in Skagway, at the Inside Passage’s northernmost point. Once a gateway city for the Klondike Gold Rush, Skagway’s frontier-style atmosphere remains evident today. See many of its colourful heritage buildings now protected as part of the Klondike Gold Rush National Historical Park. Here, a variety of excursions are on offer (own expense). (B/L/D)
Glacier Bay National Park
Wake to the breathtaking sight of World Heritage-listed Glacier Bay National Park, which boasts more actively calving tidewater glaciers than anywhere else. As you cruise through the national park and take in the rivers of ice and sky-high peaks, you’ll benefit from the insightful commentary of local rangers who will come aboard your ship to explain the geological wonders and point out some of the diverse wildlife. You may be among the lucky few to sight whales in the wild. Humpbacks and orcas are plentiful in these waters. (B/L/D)
A cheerful town set on the shores of the Tongass Narrows, Ketchikan and its surrounds present a range of attractions, including Misty Fjords National Monument - one of America’s largest wilderness areas. Disembark and spend the day exploring as you please. (B/L/D)
The Inside Passage
Heading south through the Inside Passage, watch the glorious landscape slip by on your final day at sea. Or relax and make use of the wonderful amenities on board your ship. (B/L/D)
Disembark Ship, Depart Vancouver
Disembark your ship on arrival in Vancouver today and transfer to the airport. (B)