Welcome to the beautiful city of Vancouver. On arrival, you'll be met and transferred to your hotel. Take some time to relax in your room before meeting your fellow travellers and APT Tour Director at a Welcome Dinner. Stay Two Nights: Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver (D)
On your first day in Vancouver, you'll spend the morning exploring the city sights with your Tour Director. Armed with plenty of insights, you'll enjoy your free afternoon. (B)
Vancouver, Rocky Mountaineer, Kamloops
Board the Rocky Mountaineer
and enjoy GoldLeaf Service as you travel to Kamloops. Stay:
Kamloops, hotel as assigned by Rocky Mountaineer (Kamloops has limited accommodation, two or three-star hotels) (B/L)
It's up to you to decide how you'd like to explore World Heritage-listed Banff National Park today. (B/D)
Freedom of Choice:
- You may like to take part in the Banff Experience - which includes a visit to the Cave and Basin National Historic Site. Alternatively, absorb bird's-eye views of the park on a heli-flightseeing excursion. Perhaps enjoy a float trip along Bow River or learn to be a Canadian ice hockey player with an elite team. You might like to spend your morning relaxing at the Willow Stream Spa or set out on a cruise on Lake Minnewanka.
- This evening, choose to dine at one of the many fine restaurants located within your hotel.
Banff, Lake Louise
Ride the Banff Gondola and tour the town, then travel to Lake Louise. Stay:
Banff National Park, Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise
in a Lakeview Room (B/D)
Freedom of Choice:
- Tonight, dine at one of the restaurants in your hotel.
- This morning, meet a Mountie and hear tales of the iconic Royal Canadian Mounted Police.
- On the sparkling shores of Lake Louise, join an expert Mountain Heritage Guide and learn about the rich natural history of the area.
Lake Louise, Athabasca Glacier, Jasper
As you travel along the Icefields Parkway, stop at the Columbia Icefield. Here, you'll board a specially designed Ice Explorer vehicle and journey right onto the surface of Athabasca Glacier. Stay:
Jasper National Park, Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge
(B/D) Freedom of Choice:
- Arrive later in Jasper National Park and tonight, relax with dinner at your choice of your lodge's restaurants.
Jasper, Mt Robson, Blue River, Sun Peaks
Stop to admire Mt Robson as you drive along Yellowhead Highway. Continue to Sun Peaks. Stay:
Sun Peaks Grand Hotel (B/L/D)
- Later, skim over the waterways of Blue River, watching for the grizzly and black bears that are frequently sighted here.
Whistler, Georgia Strait, Victoria
Travel via Shannon Falls to Horseshoe Bay, then ride the ferry across Georgia Strait to Vancouver Island. Make a brief stop in Chemainus then continue to Victoria
Perhaps take a one-hour floatplane flight from Whistler to Victoria (own expense). Stay Two Nights:
Victoria, Hotel Grand Pacific
Victoria, The Butchart Gardens
Tonight, as the land portion of your trip draws to an end, enjoy a special dinner. (B/D)
Freedom of Choice:
- This afternoon presents you with the chance to select from a range of activities. Perhaps join a whale watching cruise; take a seaplane flight; learn about the city's heritage district on a guided tour; fish for salmon; ride in a horse-drawn carriage; or delight in afternoon tea at the elegant Fairmont Empress.
- Explore The Butchart Gardens before the crowds arrive and enjoy breakfast in the original Butchart family residence.
Victoria, Vancouver, Embark Ship
Board your ship in Vancouver. Stay Seven Nights:
Holland America Line in a Verandah Stateroom (B/D)
- Enjoy a Sail Away Dinner at the renowned Pinnacle Grill.
Cruise the Inside Passage
Glide past rocky headlands and over the icy waters of the Inside Passage
, one of the most picturesque sea lanes in the world. (B/L/D)
After a morning of scenic cruising, arrive at Alaska's capital, Juneau
. Explore the at leisure or set off on an excursion (own expense). (B/L/D)
Arrive at the Inside Passage's northernmost point, Skagway. Once a gateway city for the Klondike Gold Rush, the frontier atmosphere remains evident today. Here, a variety of excursions are on offer (own expense). (B/L/D)
Glacier Bay National Park
Absorb the breathtaking sight of Glacier Bay National Park
and take in the insightful commentary of local rangers. (B/L/D)
Dock in Ketchikan
today, set on the shores of the Tongass Narrows near the landscapes of Misty Fjords National Monument. (B/L/D)
The Inside Passage
Heading south through the Inside Passage, this is your last chance to enjoy the glorious landscapes as you advance closer to your final port of call. (B/L/D)
Disembark Ship, Depart Vancouver
Transfer to the airport this morning. (B)